Monday, May 10, 2010

Rhinoceros

What do you think when someone says "Rhinoceros"? When I think of rhinoceros, I think of big, strong animals. In the past, there was a rhinoceros called the woolly rhinoceros. They can grow up to six feet tall!!!!!! Their horns can be about three feet tall. In Asia, their horns are used for medicine. There is another kind of rhinoceros from the Ice Age time period called the Teleoceras.

They are vegetarians so they don't want to eat you. But, they are protective of their territory. So if you don't want to be attacked, get out of its range of smell and don't make any noise.

5 comments:

Homeschooled Kid said...

I like the rhinoceros.I did not know that there rhinoceros in the Ice age called Teleoceras.If a rhino comes charging at you what would you do? Play dead,run or hide???

With lots of horns,
Chloe

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

Thats something i did not know.

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

rich says

I am glad you wrote about Rhinoceros

Richard

Angel said...

I didn't know rhinos were vegetarians. I learn something everytime I read your blog.

Jo Ann said...

I love your blogs Michael. You are interesting and informative.

Jo Ann